As the weather starts to cool down and I get ready for fall tasks around the house I like the ease of coming home to a make ahead casserole that turns into a piping hot dinner with no time or effort.
Have it for lunch or dinner and round out the meal with some crusty french loaf or garlic bread or a nice leafy green or caesar salad.
This versatile recipe is great to modify and customize to your taste and what items you have on hand in your fridge or pantry.
Some of my favourite hacks?
* swap up the condensed soup (try Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese for a super cheesy casseroled)
* add fresh or frozen peas
* add in any leftover or soon to spoil vegetables in the fridge or pantry
* switch up the pasta – use gnocchi, tortellini, ravioli
* switch up the protein – use chicken, salmon, turkey
* add mixed frozen vegetables
2 cans solid white tuna
1 can condensed soup of your choice (I like Campbell’s Cream of Asaparagus)
1 lb cooked short cut pasta (elbow macaroni, ziti, penne, rotini etc.)
1 1/2 cups homemade or store bought bread crumbs
1 1/2 cupx grated hard cheese of your choice (I like a combination of cheddar and gouda)
2/3 cup table cream (18%)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp curry powder
few sprigs of parsley to serve, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta.
3. Gently fold pasta into the sauce until thoroughly covered.
4. Transfer mixture to a greased casserole and pat down to even out
5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
6. Bake until bread crumbs and cheese are golden brown and bubbly, about 40 minutes.
7. Enjoy! Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Le Creuset Mini Muffin Baking Tin Le Creuset 3.3L Rectangular Casserole Dish – Blueberry Le Creuset 4.9L Rectangular Roaster – Palm
Super well rated! Cuisinart CGR-4NC 5-in-1 Griddler
The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook
Oxo Panini Electric Brush for Cleaning the Grill