Trick or treat? Here at Brit + Co we'll always pick treat, especially if it's an adorable Halloween snack like these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! With a busy season ahead planning our Halloween costumes and getting into the spooky spirit by adding some cute decorations to our homes, we could all use a break when it comes to our meal prep.
Since this festive cookie recipe comes together in no time leveraging super accessible ingredients, you're sure to have an effortless time whipping it up in the kitchen. Additionally, these pumpkin-shaped cuties are paleo-friendly, but anyone can enjoy them regardless of diet. Let's jump into these sweet jack-o'-lanterns and see how to make them!
Ingredients for Our Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies — Perfect For Halloween
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the eggs, almond butter, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice into the wet mixture. Mix until well combined. If the dough is too loose, add another tablespoon of coconut flour to firm it up. If you are using a cookie cutter, you can also place the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes so that the dough is easier to work with. If you are not using a cookie cutter, go ahead and fold in the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a ball of dough and flatten it slightly so that the cookie cutter fits over the top. Carefully remove the cookie cutter, as the dough might stick to the sides slightly. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- To make the jack-o'-lantern faces, use two chocolate chips for the eyes and a smaller piece for the nose.
- Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes until golden. Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool further.
- Melt any of the remaining chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat or in a double boiler. Using a toothpick, drizzle the mouths for the cookies with the melted chocolate.
Serve these cute pumpkin-shaped pumpkin cookies immediately! They can be stored on the countertop in a tightly sealed container and then stored in the refrigerator after that.
Take a peek at our newsletter for more delightful seasonal treats!
Recipe development and photography by Sarah Anderson.