- Duolingo TikTok account: I shared a blog post earlier this month reviewing the Duolingo language learning app, and sharing how I've been using it for over a year to re-learn French. Something that I completely forgot to mention in that post was how obsessed I am with the Duolingo TikTok account! It's quickly become one of my favorites. Their TikToks don't have much to do with language learning at all, but are instead hilarious short comedy masterpieces featuring their mascot, Duo the Owl, running around and caushing mayhem at the Duolingo headquarters. (The owl also has a massive crush on Dua Lipa which is the subject of many TikToks). Watch them for yourself here if you haven't! On this note, I loved reading this interview with Duolingo's social media manager who runs the TikTok account. She's genius!
- New sitcom: I'm really excited for this new Netflix sitcom to come out. It's going to be all about a fictional staff at the (real-life) last-ever Blockbuster retail store, located in Oregon. I just think it's so ironic and funny that Netflix is putting together a show about Blockbuster, since I think it's safe to say they're pretty responsible for the demise of video stores! One of my all-time favorite sitcoms is Superstore, and one of the head writers of Superstore is on board to write this show too. Check out more about it in this article!
- Last weekend: It got off to a great start, as I managed to take a 3+ hour nap Friday afternoon! I felt so rested for the rest of the weekend. On Friday night, I had dinner plans and went to a local escape room after (so fun!). On Saturday, I had a super lazy first half of the day at home, and then met up with some new friends at a brewery. I then ran a couple errands at the mall, and had dinner plans again! On Sunday I tried a new church (still looking for one here in Virginia Beach), and then went to see the Million Bulb Walk Christmas lights event at Norfolk Botanical Garden with friends.
- This weekend: Kicking off my first holiday season in Hampton Roads! My co-host and I have to work an event on Friday morning, so I won't be out Black Friday shopping until later in the day on Friday. I'm hoping to go back to the botanical garden with a coworker on Saturday, and on Sunday afternoon I signed up for a Junior League volunteering project!
- I ordered my Christmas cards this week! I always get them from here. I've been sending out Christmas cards to family and friends across the country since I was 22 (my first holiday season post-college). Even though I'm single and don't have an immediate family of my own yet, I don't let that stop me from sending holiday cards! I wish more singles would do it honestly, it's so fun! 😊
- This chic blazer stopped me in my tracks as I was walking through the mall over the weekend. I still can't believe the store it's from!
- And finally, a bit of early Black Friday shopping in Shopbop's Black Friday sale, which just went live today! I had a couple gift cards that I've been saving for this sale. First up, I bought these gorgeous pink pumps that I've had a crush on for the past couple years!!
- And one more big shoe splurge (Just a disclaimer that I wouldn't have grabbed these without this sale and having gift cards, as they are $$!) - I finally grabbed these favorite metallic heeled sandals that so many bloggers have shared and styled! I own a dupe version currently, I'm curious how the real ones will compare.
- I also saw this sweater at the mall over the weekend and can't stop thinking about it- the neon color would be great for early spring next year too.
- I am so excited to have a few holiday parties to go to this year, after not going to any last year! I am debating whether to order this silky camisole to wear with dark jeans to one of them.
- I can't remember if I've already shared this in a recent Midweek Ramblings post or not. But isn't this the prettiest Christmas garland you've ever seen?! If I had a home with a fireplace and mantle, I might have to justify splurging on it.
Currently reading: Can't is Not An Option by Nikki Haley - Still working through this one! It's Nikki Haley's first book, and was written while she was South Carolina Governor.
Recipe of the week: Easy Sheet Pan Nachos from The Thrifty Pineapple - My friend Angela shared this on her blog a couple years ago, and it's a fun weeknight dinner to throw into the mix every once in awhile! You can totally customize your nachos with your favorite toppings, too.
Song of the week: 23 by Sam Hunt - Cannot get enough of Sam Hunt's new song. Definitely a strong pop feel too it, it's not super country. The lyrics and music are both great!
Favorite blog posts of the week:
- A Touch of Teal - Katie does just one blog gift guide a year, and she does it Oprah's Favorite Things style! I always enjoy reading this each year.
- Amy Littleson - I'd been anxiously awaiting to see Amy's NYC apartment decorated for Christmas, ever since she first shared some little previews on Instagram. Her tree especially is beautiful!
- Summer Wind - Sydney shared about the sweetest holiday shopping tradition that she has with her family members. I love how she featured Talbots, as that's a store that both my mom and I love.
On the blog this week:
- Vera Bradley 2021 Bright Friday Sale
- Radio 101: Music Row Live in Nashville During CMA Week - 2021 Recap