Our hands can accomplish and create anything. We feed ourselves, keep our bodies clean, and take care of other people with our hands. Without our hands, there would be no tables, houses, bridges, cities, music or art.
But we seldom think about protecting our hands or treating them better until we are injured or when illness sets in. In 2015 alone, 143,900 nonfatal hand injuries were recorded by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Many of these accidents could have been prevented by wearing the right work gloves.
Work gloves are some of the personal protective equipment considered essential by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. But you can’t just don an ordinary pair of gloves for work, especially if you’re working in industries such as construction, metal fabrication, manufacturing, and other jobs with hazardous environments. What you need are the best work gloves that offer adequate protection against cuts, abrasions, blisters, and punctures. These gloves can also protect you from some harmful chemicals, as well as offer some protection from the extreme temperature.
- SHRINK RESISTANT: These work gloves are made with synthetic leather, providing toughness, and helps to resist shrinking/hardening. Excellent for outdoor jobs where gloves may become wet.
- COLD WEATHER INSULATION: Keep your hand and fingers warm while working in winter conditions in these work safety gloves by CLC.
- STAYS ON: Wing closing strap prevents work gloves from slipping off when they become wet from weather or sweat.
- FLEXIBLE: With stretchable spandex, and Lycra side panels for improved dexterity, these work safety gloves will enable you to do the job without restraint.
- SNAG PROOF: Concealed inner stitching prevents these heavy duty work gloves from snagging on wood or metal.
- Touchscreen Command - conductive palm & fingers our Command technology incorporates touchscreen into the very fibers of our gloves
- Hand safety - Neoprene knuckle feature provides impact and abrasion protection across the knuckles
- Sweat management feature - Terry cloth sweat Wipe conveniently located on the back of the thumb allows you to stay focused on the job at hand with one wipe of the brow
- Hook & loop closure - adjustable hook and loop closure provides a secure custom fit for ideal performance
- Engineered fit - all Ironclad gloves are designed with our industry leading flawless fit system that defines up to 16 application driven measurements to provide best in Class fit
- HIGH PERFORMANCE TASK SPECIFIC WORK GLOVE - The number one selling Ironclad work glove
- HAND SAFETY - Thermoplastic rubber knuckle protection provides impact and abrasion protection across the knuckles
- SECURE FIT - Adjustable Hook and Loop Closure provides a secure custom fit for ideal performance
- SWEAT MANAGEMENT FEATURE - Terry cloth sweat wipe conveniently located on the back of the thumb allows you to stay focused on the job at hand with one wipe of the brow
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Machine wash cool. Air drying is recommended in order to keep the size consistent with its original form from time of purchase
- BEST COMFORTABLE - Ergonomic snug fit into all fingers. Second-skin feels. Precision made LIGHTWEIGHT 15-gauge Nylon and Spandex perform delicate professional MANUAL DEXTERITY
- NON-SLIP EVEN IN LIGHT OIL & UNDERWATER - Prevent the slippage on the pipe and minimize hand fatigue. Excellent at various working from A to Z of the broad market
- FLEXIBLE & COOL - Breathable water-based rubber coating for all-day comfort. Convenient SMARTPHONE TOUCHSCREEN. NO Toxic odor. SAFE for boys, girls, and kids
- ECONOMICAL EXTENDED REUSABLE - Machine washable. Stylish & tight stretchy knit wrist cuff. Excellent for multi-purpose tasks at auto, HVAC, warehouse, woodworking, craft, box handling, precision assembly, construction, gardening, shop working, dishwashing, indoor & outdoor activities. Men’s and ladies’, women’s, and children’s utility work gloves
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE - CE Qualified and met ANSI Standards. Silicone free. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or Money Back if you are not happy with your product
- KS-5 Kevlar stainless steel 13 gauge gloves comes with latex dip palm and fingers
- Combines DuPont Kevlar and stainless steel construction to deliver CE cut level 5 protection
- Features seamless stitching with Kevlar thread
- Comes with straight thumb type and KS-5 logo
- Available in black color and large size
- Nitrile coating compatible with light oils and provide excellent grip and abrasion resistance
- The knit wrist helps prevent debris from entering the glove
- Complete breath-ability with micro foam coating making the most breathable on the market
- Form fit and feel reduces hand fatigue while providing enhanced comfort
- Excellent gripping in a variety of applications
- 15 Gauge Nylon Outer Shell that wicks away moisture
- 7 gauge Acrylic Thermal Liner
- 3/4 Dipped Palm for abrasion protection
- Mico Foam Dip for grip
- Drywall and heavy machinery
- These gloves are padded for better protection from hard objects and the elements.
- Dexterity is not compromised even if the gloves are lined and insulated.
- The gloves are reinforced with double stitching in the most crucial areas.
- Snug fit around the wrists thanks to elastic cuffs and pull-on tab closure.
- The textured fingertips don’t work very well. They work on touchscreens, but they are not slip-resistant and are prone to tearing.
You’re always on the lookout for a pair of durable gloves that do not only offer optimum protection from cuts and abrasions but are also comfortable and do not limit your movement. Then you might want to check out the CLC Custom Leathercraft 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves. These gloves are made of synthetic leather and padded to protect your hand from cuts and abrasion. The padding also protects your hands from the cold.
The spandex back provides extra elasticity to these gloves. The thumbs and knuckles are also padded for extra protection against bumps.
The tab closure is easily adjusted to fit your wrists, and located at the top of the wrists for easy access. Unlike other gloves, these are shrink resistant, so you can wash them and they’ll still retain their shape. The leather also remains supple over time.
- These gloves meet safety standards in the workplace with their highly visible yellow and orange shell.
- The knuckles are covered in neoprene for better protection from abrasion and bumps.
- With terry cloth sweat wipe sewn on the back of the thumb.
- The gloves fit well around the fingers and palms.
- With easily accessible hook and loop closure on the wrists.
- The Infused Touchscreen technology works well most of the time except when you need to press tiny icons or letters on your phone or tablet.
Durable and top-quality gloves are a must-have in your industry. If you’re looking for gloves that meet industry standards, then check out the Ironclad Command IEX-HVP-04-L Pro Work Gloves. The highlight of these construction gloves is their bright yellow and orange shell that meets minimum safety standards in your workplace.
The fit is snug and comfortable, but donning and doffing them won’t be a struggle. Each glove has a hook and loop closure so wearing or taking them off is a breeze.
The gloves are double stitched to prevent them from tearing or unraveling easily. One of the best features of these gloves is the terry cloth sweat wipe located on the back of the thumb. There’s no need to reach for a towel or wipe the sweat off your brow with your shirt with this handy feature.
- It is available in different sizes, including extra small, extra large, and double extra large.
- The palm is stitched with synthetic leather reinforcements in frequently used areas.
- The knuckles are protected by the Ironclad thermoplastic logo.
- The gloves are sewn with terry cloth thumb sweat wipes.
- The back of the glove’s hand is breathable.
- The stitching needs to be reinforced as some parts unravel easily.
If you’re looking for a pair of work gloves that you can use at work and around the house, then you might want to take a look at Ironclad GUG General Utility Work Gloves. These construction gloves are made of synthetic leather and reinforced at the critical areas on the palms to reduce wear and tear.
The back of the thumb features a terry cloth sweat strip, so there’s no need to reach for a towel or a handkerchief while you’re working. With hook and loop closure at the wrists, ensuring a snug and secure fit.
Cleaning these affordable gloves at the end of the day is easy. Just machine wash in cold water, and air dry to prevent shrinkage.
- These 13-gauge gloves are made of durable 3D knit nylon and spandex.
- With foam nitrile coating for better cut resistance and grip.
- These gloves are available in small and extra small for the ladies.
- They are available in a wide range of colors, including regular gray and black to highly visible red and neon green.
- The fingers can be too long for some wearers.
- Nitrile coating eventually wears off. It is also not made for handling rough materials like concrete.
Whether you’re handling boxes in a warehouse or working as a carpenter, the DEX FIT FN330 3D Nitrile Work Gloves will serve you well. These gloves are made of state-of-the-art and durable 3D knit nylon and spandex. Nylon is known for its strength and ability to resist abrasion, while spandex offers maximum elasticity so the gloves will feel like a second skin.
These gloves are great if you’re handling sheet metal or glass. The palms and the fingers are coated with nitrile foam that offers maximum cut resistance. But they might not work well for gardening and other tasks that require handling of small, sharp objects as they can still be punctured.
These gloves are available in different sizes (from extra small to double extra large). They also come in pairs of 3 and 12.
- The gloves are made of stainless steel and DuPont Kevlar. This combination of durable materials provide optimum cut resistance.
- The seams are held together by Kevlar threads that do not break apart or unravel easily.
- With latex palms and fingers for a slip-resistant grip.
- The gloves are lightweight and designed to mold around your fingers like a second skin.
- They are affordable.
- You’ll still feel fine sharp objects like pins, thin wires, and thorns.
Roofing, installing glass, framing, sheet metal pressing, and other tasks involving sharp objects can be safer when you have the right pair of gloves, such as these MCR Safety 9389L KS-5 Men’s Gloves. The gloves are made of durable DuPont Kevlar and stainless steel for maximum cut protection whether at work or at home.
The palms and fingers are coated with latex, so you can grip that sheet metal or glass securely. This latex coating also provides an additional layer of protection against punctures.
Wearers don’t have to worry about the gloves slipping off while working as they wrap snugly around the fingers and wrists. They’re a bit hot, so take them off during breaks to give your hands a rest and to dry out perspiration. These gloves are sanitized with Actifresh to get rid of odor, as well as prevent bacterial build-up.
- The gloves offer a wide range of sizes (from double extra small to triple extra large).
- The palms and fingers have a nitrile coating to protect your hand from abrasion and cuts.
- The wrists are knitted for a snug yet comfortable fit.
- They are thin enough that it’s easy to write or handle packages while wearing the gloves.
- The nitrile coating wears away pretty quickly.
- You won’t be able to use your smartphone much with these gloves.
The Maxiflex 34-874 Ultimate Nitrile Grip Work Gloves are perfect for household projects and light industrial or commercial work. These gloves are knitted for a snug fit around the wrists, plus nitrile coating on the palms and fingers for better protection from cuts, abrasions, and blisters.
The fit around the fingers and palms is comfortable enough to make it feel like a second skin. The knitted part wraps snugly around your wrists to prevent the gloves from coming off while you work, as well as prevent dirt and debris from getting into your hands.
Although nitrile offers adequate protection from cuts and abrasions, the coating eventually wears down, so you’ll need to replenish your stock regularly. The good news is these gloves come in pairs of three, and they’re also affordable enough that it’s not a big deal to purchase them regularly.
- The outer shell is made of 15-gauge nylon which protects the wearer’s hands from cold and moisture.
- The acrylic liner offers additional insulation.
- The fingers are dipped in microfoam to protect the hand from abrasions, as well as provide a slip-resistant grip.
- These cold-weather work gloves are not bulky despite the insulation they offer.
- They are not the most durable gloves on the list.
Having cold weather gloves is essential for anyone who works in the construction, food processing, postal service, and other such industries. If you’re looking for a pair of good budget-friendly cold-weather work gloves, then you might want to check out the Dewalt DPG737L Thermal Insulated Grip Gloves.
These gloves feature a knitted nylon outer shell and soft acrylic interior to keep your hands insulated whether you work outside in cold weather or you handle ice cream, frozen meats, and other refrigerated foods in a supermarket or restaurant. Your palm and fingers receive additional protection from abrasions, cuts, and blisters with the microfoam coating.
The fit is pretty snug, but the protection from freezing temperature is not outstanding. If you’re working in a frigid environment, these rather thin gloves simply will not do. You’ll need to wear something padded and with additional insulation to protect your hands from the cold.
Work Gloves Buyer’s Guide
Work Glove Material
Cotton and nylon are two of the most common materials used in making fabric gloves. These gloves can protect your hands from abrasion, chafing, and dirt, but they do not provide adequate protection against punctures caused by sharp or pointed objects.
They are sometimes coated with plastic for better protection against abrasion and to make them slip-resistant. Some fabric gloves are lined with napping for added insulation.
Leather Work Gloves
Leather gloves offer adequate protection against rough surfaces, heat, sharp objects, and sparks that is why these are a must-have in construction, metal fabrication, and other similar industries.
There are two types of leather gloves: natural and synthetic. Natural leather gloves are usually made of cowhide or pigskin. Some manufacturers also use other animal hides (such as goatskin, deerskin, and sheepskin), but these gloves are rare and are more expensive than cowhide and pigskin.
Pigskin offers good protection from abrasion and even becomes softer over time. It is also porous, making it more breathable than cowhide. It doesn’t become stiff or lose its shape when laundered.
Another type of leather used to make top-quality work gloves is cowhide. Cowhide has always been popular among work gloves makers due to its durability and excellent resistance to abrasion. It is also heat-resistant, making it great for welders and those who work in cold environments.
Aramid Fiber Work Gloves
You might not be familiar with aramid or “aromatic polyamide” fibers, but DuPont Kevlar definitely rings a bell. Kevlar is a type of aramid fiber produced by DuPont. The fiber is so strong and versatile that it is used to make car and bicycle tires, fireproof clothing, military helmets, boots, and of course, bulletproof vests.
Because of its high tensile strength, Kevlar has become one of the most popular, albeit most expensive, fibers used to make work gloves. If you frequently handle sheet metal and other sharp materials in the jobsite, then Kevlar gloves are perfect for you. They are cut and abrasion-resistant and can withstand extreme temperatures.
Kevlar gloves are also lightweight and flexible. They provide light chemical protection, but these gloves are not the best choice if you frequently handle corrosive substances.
Nitrile Work Gloves
Another material that is used to make work gloves is nitrile. Nitrile was created as a substitute for latex and vinyl gloves. Today, it is used as a coating on the fingers and palms of work gloves. This coating provides excellent cut and abrasion resistance. They also mold around your hand nicely, enhancing dexterity and tactility. Some nitrile-coated gloves are also textured to help you grip slippery or small objects securely.
If you want gloves that provide greater comfort and maximum dexterity, then choose Gunn cut gloves. You can tell that you’re looking at gloves with Gunn cut if you see that the two middle fingers are sewn separately onto the palm. The back of the glove is seamless, while the seams are located away from the palm. This design is usually found in leather and bulky padded gloves.
Clute cut gloves are characterized by a straight thumb and seams that are located along the fingers on the inside of the glove. This design is ideal for fabric and thinner leather gloves.
There are three thumb designs commonly used in glove-making: straight, winged, and keystone. Gloves with straight thumbs are usually the most economical choice. In this design, the glove’s thumb points straight from the wrist. These gloves are constructed for activities that don’t require much dexterity.
Gloves with wing thumbs are designed for increased flexibility and dexterity thanks to their angled thumbs. These are mid-priced gloves and are very comfortable when worn for a long time.
Another thumb design is the keystone thumb. The thumb is sewn directly into the glove itself, resulting in a more flexible and comfortable design. This design is ideal for tasks where the thumb is frequently used. Keep in mind, however, that gloves with keystone thumbs are more expensive than gloves with straight or angled designs.
If you’re looking for light-duty gloves that are easy to don and doff, then your best options are those with knit or slip-on cuffs. Gloves with these cuffs are also more affordable. But if you want gloves that meet the safety standards of your workplace, then gloves with safety and gauntlet cuffs are a great choice.
The most common glove lining fabrics are cotton and jersey. They might not provide the insulation you need, but they provide a good layer of protection against chafing. If you’re working in cold environments, then choose gloves with wool, acrylic, and other thermal linings to protect your hands from icy temperatures.
Chances are you’re just looking for the best winter work gloves or construction gloves right now. But here at Sebring Design Build, work gloves are just the tip of the iceberg. You can also find more additional tool reviews, helpful remodeling ideas, and other design inspiration here, so feel free to look around.
The best work glove on the list is the CLC Custom Leathercraft 125 Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves. Let’s check out the features that make this product stand out.
The CLC Custom Leathercraft 125 Work Gloves are made of durable synthetic leather that is perfect for frigid temperature. This material also doesn’t shrink or harden even after the gloves are repeatedly exposed to heat and moisture.
The gloves are padded to keep your hands insulated from the cold. Unlike other gloves that can be used only during warmer months, these work gloves can be your trusty companion in wintertime or if you work in frigid environments. Overall, these are some of the best winter work gloves available on the market.
Padded work gloves are notorious for limiting your dexterity. Not with these gloves as they are stitched with stretchy Lycra and spandex side panels. You can still text, write, and carry out tasks that require dexterity with these gloves thanks to the elastic panels. The gloves fit snugly and comfortably, while the closures can be easily adjusted to fit around your wrists.
The post 7 Best Work Gloves [2020 Reviews] appeared first on Home Remodeling Contractors | Sebring Design Build.